CLICK IMAGE ABOVE TO SEE A SHORT VIDEO
Click here to read the Sequence of Movements
A pain-free back is vital to overall health and wellness -- and it can be yours! Created by master instructor Lee Holden, Qi Gong for Low Back Pain is specifically designed to open, stretch, and bring increased circulation to the lower back.
This extraordinarily-effective program, as seen on public television, uses gentle qigong stretches, core strength-building and fluid movements to ease back pain -- and prevent it from recurring.
The body has an amazing capacity for self-healing; qi gong helps tap these resources to bring the body into balance and harmony. Join Lee Holden in a four-part sequence of flowing stretches that will open, elongate, and recharge your back --and your whole body. Note: some of these exercises are done lying down; some require lying face down; some are performed seated and some are performed standing, (60 minutes)
Read a review of this DVD here
"The first time I heard of Qi Gong was from my niece, newly arrived from China to study for her PhD. For a year or so, I had been diagnosed with bursitis of the right hip, needed a cane and could only climb steps lifting the left leg and dragging the right foot up. I had a few months of physical therapyâ?¦I tried biofeedback, self hypnosis, subliminal tapes, limited yoga and medication, all to no availâ?¦[After using the Lee Holden Qi Gong DVDs for several days] the energy I felt was astounding. And no painâ?¦A few weeks later, I found myself at the top of the stairs. How had I gotten there without pain, without struggling, without the tendency to scream?!...I returned to my drawing classes where I had been absent for the year due to the bursitiis. Everyone wanted to know the detailsâ?¦One artist had been in severe back pain from arthritis, going to the gym three times a week and taking physical therapy. He begged to borrow my materialsâ?¦Within two weeks, he came to class all smiles and swinging his arms like a windmillâ?¦..Out of curiosity, I rented [other] Qi Gong DVDs and could not believe how dreadful some of these could beâ?¦â?¦.To say thank you seems such a small token of gratitude. I think of Lee Holden in almost genius termsâ?¦. " Patricia Yu, Philadelphia
â??I received the DVD's yesterday. I could not say enough about how wonderful they are. I opened only the first one - QiGong for Low Back Pain, and I stayed home today all day to watch and practice it. Not only did I feel so great after a few exercises, but I also feel calm and focused. My wife thought that I am on a new medication, and it makes me feel good. I will talk to my friends and people I know who are suffering chronic back pain or stress to order your DVD. Once again, thank you so much for making this DVD. You have a good one.â??
--H. Nguyen, Business Owner, 39 years old (Boston, Massachusetts)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chantwave: This CD of glorious chants by award-winning composer Michael Stillwater is a perfect accompaniment to any meditation practice. Find it here.
Sequence of Movements
- Deep Abdominal Breathing - feet flat on floor
- Mountain Raises from the Sea -spinal lift
- Hug Both Knees to Chest
- Both Knees Twist
- Gluteal Stretch -foot on thigh
- Twist to Both Sides - one leg on top of other
- Head to Sky Crunch - lift head and hold
- Monkey Plays on the Ground - psoas and core strength
- Pulling the Bow - core strength and abs
- Hold Behind the Hamstring - psoas and core strength
- Bicycle Legs - strengthen the abdominals
- Flying - low back strength
- Cobra's Ritual - low back mobility
- Down Dog - strength and flexibility
- Peacock Looks at Tail - low back mobility, gluteal stretch
- Dog wags tail - lateral mobility
- Cross-legged Forward Bend
- Turtle - open hips, elongate spine
- Forward bend - hamstring stretch
- Snake turns body - low back mobility
- Wide Leg Forward Bend - hamstring stretch
- Forward bend one knee bent - low back stretch
- Squat - open hips, low back stretch
- Thumbs Press - low back pressure points and mobility
- Tailbone Circle - open joints through low back and hips
- Knocking on the Door of Life - circulation into the low back
- Kidney Knocking - circulation into the low back
- Picking Cherries - elongate the low back area
- Wide Leg Twist - joint mobility in the low back
- Wide Leg Forward Bend - stretch hamstrings
- Wave - joint mobility
- Fountain - bring energy and circulation to low back
- Between Heaven and Earth - bring energy and circulation to low back
- Bamboo in the Wind - center and unwinding
QiGong (pronounced "chee gong" and alternatively spelled as "qigong," "qi gong," or "chi kung") is sometimes called â??the new yogaâ?? - but the practice dates back thousands of years to ancient China. The word â??qiâ?? (or â??chiâ??) means â??life forceâ?? or "vital energy of the body," and â??gongâ?? means accomplishment or skill that is cultivated through steady practice. Qi Gong is specifically designed to cultivate the body's vital energy, using it to heal and strengthen every system throughout the body. Thus, qi gong means â??cultivating energy,â?? and it involves working with energy to strengthen and cleanse the body. Using these Qi Gong DVDs, CDs, and videos will improve your relaxation, reduce pain, and improve your health.